Healthy Recipes for Meals and Snacks
The path to healthy eating can be easy and fun with delicious recipes from the YMCA of Central Florida! Browse our collection for nutritious tips and menu ideas that the whole family will enjoy.
Because the Y is here for you in spirit, mind, and body, we want to help you reach your wellness goals in the kitchen, too! If you need help with topics like dining out with confidence, how to read a nutrition label, or simply want to submit a recipe, contact Chef Gary.
About Chef Gary
Chef Gary Appelsies has been the Director of Healthy Eating at the YMCA of Central Florida since November of 2014. His passion for healthier eating has led him on a lifelong journey of helping people feel better through food.
Check out our latest blog articles by Chef Gary!
- Chef Gary Appelsies in Lake & Sumter Style MagazineChef Gary Appelsies is a familiar face here at the YMCA of Central Florida, and this month he shares his thoughts on healthy eating and helping the community with the readers of Lake & Sumter Style magazine! The Lake & […]
- Brown Bagging ItSchool is back in session and routines aren’t quite the same this year as they have been in years past. Many of us are still working from home as our kids may be either going back into the classroom or […]
- Summer Nutrition Tips for Active KidsWhether your kids are athletes or they just like to get out and play, making sure they have the proper nutrition to fuel their bodies is key any time of year. But it’s especially important in the summertime for sports, […]
- The Need to KneadHave you been baking lately? Have you gotten caught up in the bake your own bread craze or making a sourdough starter? We’re all looking to try something new, and while it may sound fun, the thought of baking my […]
- Take Charge of Your Well-Being this Men’s Health MonthDid you know that June is Men’s Health Month? This year so far has been, in no uncertain terms, the beginning of a very different decade. As with any new start, a new decade comes with the opportunity to look […]
- Barbeque… Grilling… What’s the Difference?We’ve all been doing a lot of cooking at home as of late. And, as much as I’m a firm believer in the importance of an honest repertoire in the kitchen, I know we all get caught up in the […]
- The Kitchen ClassroomAs the school year winds down, it might be fun to do some more activities in your kitchen. Turning the kitchen into a classroom is a fun and easy way to bring STEAM education into your home (and this can […]
- Comfort Food for the Body and SoulDuring stressful times we all crave some comfort. Whether that comfort comes in the form of spirituality, family, exercise, or food it’s something that makes us feel good. It may remind us of a childhood memory, a relative, and for […]