Appetizers / Snacks
Asparagus and Cheese Tart Recipe
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- Rolling Pin
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or grated
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons milk (Whole milk works best but use what you have.)
- 1 lemon zested
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 pound asparagus, hard ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Shaved parmesan for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a medium bowl, combine cheeses, garlic, egg yolks, milk, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. And set aside.
Roll puff pastry
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry into approximately a 13 x 16-inch rectangle—about 1/8 inch thick.
Transfer the dough to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Score puff pastry
Using a sharp knife, lightly score a ½ to 1 inch border around the edges of the puff pastry.
Spread cheese mixture
Carefully spread the cheese mixture evenly inside the scored border.
Toss the asparagus in olive oil and sprinkle it with a pinch of salt. And line up on top of the cheese mixture.
Carefully move the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake until the pastry has puffed up and golden brown for about 20-30 minutes.
Let cool on the baking sheet for a minimum of 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
Garnish with shaved parmesan if desired.
Cut and serve
Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.