Sides / Snacks
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- 9x13" baking dish
- Plastic wrap
- 1lb medium raw shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail removed) cut into chunks
- 2 limes zested
- ½ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup fresh mango, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- Kosher salt, for seasoning
Place the shrimp in a 9x13" baking dish and, using a micro-plane, zest 2 limes over top of the shrimp.
Cover shrimp in juice
Add in lime juice, making sure all the shrimp are fully submerged.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. The shrimp will cook in the juice of the lime.
Add produce together
Combine cucumbers, cilantro, red onions, and mango in a large mixing bowl.
Add shrimp to produce mixture
Once you remove shrimp from the refrigerator, gently toss it in the produce mixture.
Season and serve
Season with a pinch or two of salt. Serve alone or with crackers or tortilla chips. You can also try it atop some pita bread.