Tools You'll Need
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Plastic wrap or parchment paper
- Rolling pin or meat mallet
- Large Plate Shallow baking dish
- Large nonstick frying pan
- Aluminum foil
- Micro plane
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, fat removed, and cut in two
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (½ stick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup chicken broth, low sodium
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 lemon slices for garnish
Prepare Chicken Breast
Place chicken breasts on a clean cutting board. With your palm on top of one chicken breast, use a sharp chef’s knife to cut it in half lengthwise. Repeat this process for all chicken breasts.
Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper and flatten to approximately ¼-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet.
In a large plate or shallow baking dish add flour, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Use a fork to combine.
Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Dredge and Cook Chicken
Lightly dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess, and place into skillet. Working in batches, cook chicken until brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm until all the chicken is done. (You may need to add a little more butter and oil during this process).
Cook Chicken in Broth
Add broth to pan, and let broth come to a boil. Reduce to simmer, and add all the chicken, plus any accumulated juices back in. Cook until chicken broth reduces by about half and chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken back to platter.
Add Lemon Juice and Artichokes
Add lemon juice and artichokes to skillet, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until artichokes are just warmed through. Turn off heat and add parsley.
Pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.