Seasonal - Fall / Sides
Roasted Carrots with Fresh Herbs
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- Vegetable Peeler
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Sheet Pan
- Aluminum Foil
- 2 lbs. whole carrots, peeled and tops removed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 400º.
Cut carrots in half, length-wise.
Cut carrots again
Cut the thicker upper part of the carrot in half again, then cut all the pieces to about 2 inches in length. (This will allow the carrots to cook more evenly.)
Place carrots in bowl and toss
Place the carrots in a large mixing bowl, and toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, and rosemary.
Oil sheet pan
Oil a sheet pan and place the carrots in a single, even layer.
Cover with foil, and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
Check for tenderness
Uncover, and pierce the carrots with the tip of a knife to check for tenderness.*
Place in mixing bowl
Remove carrots from oven, and place back in a large mixing bowl along with any accumulated juices.
Add parsley and toss
Add parsley and toss well.
Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.