Dinner / Salad / Seasonal - Summer
Grilled Vegetable Salad with Fresh Herbs
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Grill or grill pan
- Serving platter
- Large glass bowl
- Plastic wrap
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
- 1 large eggplant, sliced lengthwise (about ¼ inch thick)
- 1 large zucchini, sliced in rounds (about ¼ inch thick)
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, hard ends trimmed
- ¼ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper or 1 jar roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, more as needed
- ¼ cup kalamata or Greek olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained (available jarred in the condiment section or most grocery stores)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
Preheat grill to 400º.
Place the red bell pepper over the hottest part of the grill and grill it until the skin blackens on all sides. Remove the pepper from the grill and place it in a large glass or ceramic bowl, then cover with plastic wrap or plate and set aside.
Toss veggies in oil and grill
Toss the eggplant, zucchini, and asparagus in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then place the mixture on your grill. Cook all veggies until they're nicely browned on each side and then remove them, placing them on the platter.
Remove cover from pepper and carefully peel the blackened skin off and remove seeds and stem. Slice pepper into strips.
Toss peppers, tomatoes, capers, and olives
Toss roasted pepper, tomatoes, capers, and olives with oil and vinegar.
Combine all veggies
Arrange all grilled veggies on a platter and pour oil and vinegar mixture over grilled veggies.
Top with cheese and serve
Top with chopped herbs and mozzarella cheese, and enjoy immediately.