Microwave Breakfast Sandwich
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- Small mixing bowl
- 8 oz. microwave safe dish (ramekin, custard cup, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 thin slice deli ham (optional)
Combine onion and peppers
Place onion and chopped peppers in the 8 oz. microwave-safe dish.
Microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir.
Beat egg and water
In a separate bowl using a fork beat egg, along with water until the egg is blended.
Combine egg and veggies
Add egg to onion and pepper mixture.
Microwave the mixture until the egg is almost set, about 30–45 seconds longer.
Season as needed
Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Place the slices of ham and slice of cheese on half the English muffin if you're using them. Top with egg with and the other half of English muffin.
Serve warm and enjoy immediately!