Seasonal - Winter / Soup
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Large Pot
- Wooden Spoon
- Blender or Food Processor
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 16 oz. fresh baby Portabella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful of fresh thyme
- 32 oz. low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat oil and butter
Place a large stock pot over medium heat add olive oil and butter. Let butter melt, add in fresh mushrooms and using a wooden stir to coat about 1 minute.
Set heat to medium-low heat
Set heat to medium-low heat.
Stir garlic, onion, thyme, and a small pinch of salt and pepper together.
Let cook till onion begins to soften and turns translucent, stirring occasionally. (Be careful not to burn the garlic.)
Add vegetable broth
Add vegetable broth, bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes.
Remove half the soup from the pan to a blender or food processor and pureé till smooth.
Stir in parley and heavy cream
Pour pureé back into pan, stir in parsley and heavy cream.
Season to taste
Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed to taste.
Serve hot with warm, crusty garlic bread if desired.