Sweet Potato Toast
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- Spatula or Tongs
- Nonstick Sautee Pan
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds ripe plum tomatoes, cored and cut crosswise into ¼- to ½-inch slices
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 6 sprigs of fresh basil or 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Crusty bread, to serve
Prepare the skillet
Prepare the skillet to medium-high heat and add olive oil.
Add sweet potato
When it shimmers, add the sliced sweet potato planks in a single layer, working in batches as needed.
Salt the tops
Salt the tops, then let cook until the bottoms are golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.
Flip and cook
Flip, salt the other side, and cook until golden brown, about 5 more minutes.
Prepare the toppings
While sweet potatoes cook, prepare your toppings. Create your own toppings or pick one of the flavor combinations listed below.
Remove from stove
Remove the sweet potato planks from the stove to a serving plate.
Top with flavor pairings
Top with favorite flavor combinations and enjoy!