Virtual Resources for Media Outlets
The Y is a powerful association of men, women, and children of all ages and walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of community. With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow, and thrive.
To improve lives of all in Central Florida by connecting individuals, families, and communities with opportunities based on Christian values that strengthen spirit, mind, and body.
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn and grow.
The Y is the nation’s leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
- Youth Development — Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- Nine million youth are taking a greater interest in learning; making smarter life choices; and cultivating the values, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, the pursuit of higher education, and goal achievement.
- Healthy Living — Improving the nation’s health and well-being.
- Millions of adults and youth receive the support, guidance, and resources needed to achieve better health and well-being.
- Social Responsibility — Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
- Across the country, the Y helps people give back and assist their neighbors by offering them opportunities to volunteer, advocate, and support programs that strengthen the community.
The Y’s logo has changed quite a bit since 1881, and the Y’s new visual system reflects our true identity: a caring, people-oriented organization that is devoted to the cause of strengthening communities. Our refreshed logo, for instance, is bold, active, and welcoming, suggesting our determined commitment to social progress. Plus, many colors reflect the vibrancy and diversity of our communities and activities.
The YMCA of Central Florida is one of the area’s largest nonprofits, serving hundreds of thousands of Central Floridians per year through a focus on Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. With a Christian-based mission to improve lives and communities, it operates YMCA locations across six counties. This mission is expanded beyond the four walls of the Y through community-based programs to combat chronic disease, boost children’s out-of-school safety with before- and after-school enrichment, and strengthen neighborhoods.
- The Y is a leading nonprofit organization for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
- The Y is a powerful association of men, women, and children committed to bringing about lasting personal and social change.
- The Y engages 9 million youth and 13 million adults each year in the U.S.
- Worldwide, the Y serves more than 45 million people in 119 countries. Ys across the U.S. play an integral role in strengthening the leadership and youth programs of the Y around the world.
- Members, staff, and volunteers of the Y include men, women, and children of all ages and from all walks of life.
- The Y offers programs, services and initiatives focused on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility, according to the unique needs of the communities it engages.
- The Y is accessible to all people. Financial assistance is offered to individuals and families who cannot afford a membership.
- The Y is guided by four core values: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith.
Kevin Bolding joined the YMCA of Central Florida as President & CEO in September 2021. With nearly 30 years of service to the YMCA, Kevin has served YMCAs in Lynchburg, VA; Detroit; Miami; and Pittsburgh. In Pittsburgh, he served as a District Vice President and Chief Operating Officer before his promotion to President & CEO in May 2016.
During his tenure in Pittsburgh, Mr. Bolding led the YMCA through several facility openings and an extensive restructuring of assets to better position the organization for success. This has included strategic agreements with affordable housing partners, repurposing YMCA community centers, advocating for a “Y Without Walls” program outreach model, restructuring the board composition and association bylaws, and—most recently—navigating through the pandemic. Through all of this, the Pittsburgh YMCA remains the largest provider of full-day and after-school childcare programming in Allegheny County.
Kevin currently serves on the YUSA Board of Directors, the National Committee on Membership Standards (NCMS), the International Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and as a coach for the upcoming Multicultural Executive Development Institute (MEDI) cohort. He proudly supports his alma mater (University of Virginia) and serves on several nonprofit boards. He and his wife are active supporters of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation.
LOGOS AND AREAS OF IMPACT
- YMCA of Central Florida Keeps Youth Moving, Learning & Exploring this SummerFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE March 3, 2022 ORLANDO, Fla. –Registration is now open for the YMCA of Central Florida summer camp programs. Kids will experience a summer of fun, friends, and sun at the Y while staying safe, active, and healthy. Camps will be offered at eight Y locations and select middle […]
- Community Leaders and Central Florida Residents Gathered Virtually for 31st Annual Arthur “Pappy” Kennedy Prayer BreakfastFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 17, 2022 ORLANDO, Fla. – The YMCA of Central Florida, Southwest Orlando Jaycees and City of Orlando Martin Luther King Jr. Commission hosted the 31st Annual Arthur “Pappy” Kennedy breakfast on Monday, January 17, commemorating the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Arthur “Pappy” Kennedy, […]
- Frank DeLuca YMCA Announces Grand Opening Celebration for New Outdoor SportsplexOCALA, Fla. (September 15, 2021) To continue strengthening the Ocala community in spirit, mind, and body, the Frank DeLuca YMCA Family Center is delighted to unveil a new Sportsplex on Wednesday, September 15, making it the Y’s largest outdoor expansion to date. This innovative new concept fills a community need […]
- Roper YMCA Hosts 2021 Virtual Healthy Living ExpoFree Community Event to Nurture Your Spirit, Mind, and Body WINTER GARDEN, Fla. – (August 31, 2021) The Roper YMCA will be hosting a Virtual Healthy Living Expo throughout the month of September sharing different ways to nurture your spirit, mind, and body. This year, the virtual expo will offer […]
- YMCA of Central Florida Announces Kevin Bolding as New President & CEOORLANDO, Fla. – (June 22, 2021) After an extensive nationwide search, the YMCA of Central Florida’s Metro Board of Directors selected President and CEO of the YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh Kevin Bolding to succeed Dan Wilcox, who announced earlier this year his upcoming retirement after nearly 40 years leading the […]
Do you have a media inquiry? Get in touch with our team.