Tomato, Feta, and Potato Salad with Capers
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Large Pot
- Mixing Bowl
- 1½ lbs. potatoes, unpeeled and cubed (approximately ¼ inch)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
Place the cubed potatoes in a large pot covered with 1 inch of cold water. Add a good pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are almost fork-tender.
Drain and cool
Drain into a colander in the sink and let cool.
In a mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, onion, olives, capers, basil, and feta and mix them together.
Add in the cooled potatoes and toss gently.
Pour olive oil and vinegar
Pour olive oil and vinegar over the salad, give one last toss to combine.
Top with fresh chopped oregano.