Frittata with Spinach and Asparagus
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Medium Nonstick Oven-Safe Pan
- Rubber Spatula
- Cutting Board
- Vegetable Peeler
- Chef's Knife
- 8 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan, freshly grated
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 cups spinach, roughly choppe
- 1 teaspoon butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ small onion, sliced thinly in half-moon shapes
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 cup asparagus, roughly chopped, ends removed
- ¾ oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped (optional for garnish)
- 4 pieces of asparagus, peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler (optional for garnish)
Preheat oven to 350°.
Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
Add parmesan cheese, black pepper, herbs, and spinach. Mix to combine and set aside.
Heat a medium, non-stick oven-safe pan on high heat. Add butter and oil.
Add onions and sauté
Reduce heat to medium and add the onions. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are lightly browned and caramelized.
Add peppers and asparagus
Add the red peppers and asparagus sauté for 1–2 minutes or until they just begin to soften.
Add egg mixture
Pour the egg mixture in the pan with the onions and peppers. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
Top and bake
Sprinkle the feta around the top of the eggs. Place the pan into the oven and cook until the frittata is firm, about 15–20 minutes.
Let frittata rest
Using a rubber spatula, gently run the spatula along the sides of the pan to loosen the frittata. Slide the frittata out of pan onto a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Slice and garnish
Slice frittata into 6 slices. Place in the center of a plate and garnish with chopped chives and peeled asparagus ribbons.*