Frittata with Spinach and Asparagus
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Medium Nonstick Oven-Safe Pan
- Rubber Spatula
- Cutting Board
- Vegetable Peeler
- Chef's Knife
- 8 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan, freshly grated
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 cups spinach, roughly choppe
- 1 teaspoon butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ small onion, sliced thinly in half-moon shapes
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 cup asparagus, roughly chopped, ends removed
- ¾ oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped (optional for garnish)
- 4 pieces of asparagus, peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler (optional for garnish)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
Add parmesan cheese, black pepper, herbs, and spinach. Mix to combine and set aside.
Heat a medium, non-stick oven-safe pan on high heat. Add butter and oil.
Reduce heat to medium and add the onions.
Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are lightly browned and caramelized.
Add peppers and asparagus
Add the red peppers and asparagus sauté for 1-2 minutes or until they just begin to soften
Add egg mixture
Pour the egg mixture in the pan with the onions and peppers. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
Sprinkle the feta around the top of the eggs.
Place the pan into the oven and cook until the frittata is firm, about 15–20 minutes.
Let frittata rest
Using a rubber spatula, gently run the spatula along the sides of the pan to loosen the frittata. Slide the frittata out of pan onto a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Slice and garnish
Slice frittata into 6 slices. Place in the center of a plate and garnish with chopped chives and peeled asparagus ribbons.*