Dinner / Lunch / Seasonal - Summer
Stir Fry with Summer Veggies
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- Nonstick Pan
- 2 cups chopped summer vegetables (eggplant, bell peppers, squash, zucchini, radish, cherry tomatoes, celery, etc.)
- 1 cup collard greens or other hearty greens like chard (stems removed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (such as canola)
- Salt & pepper
- Stir Fry Sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup broth (vegetable or other)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup corn starch (or tapioca starch)
- Grated ginger or garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds, sriracha, chopped garlic chives (Optional)
Add all "Stir Fry Sauce" ingredients to a jar and shake to combine. Set aside.
Chop all vegetables. No need to chop collards or swiss chard (they will wilt and get smaller when cooked).
Heat a large heavy bottom pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of oil.
Stir fry vegetables
Once the oil is hot, add vegetables one by one, and stir fry for a minute before adding the next vegetable. Consider the order you add the vegetables - thick, tough veggies first, and soft greens last.
Add salt and peper
Add salt and pepper, and stir fry until tender but crispy, about 4 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium. Add sauce to the vegetables and cook for about 2 more minutes.
Serve over rice.
Garnish and enjoy
Top with sesame seeds and chopped garlic chives. Enjoy!