Wok Shrimp with Spinach
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined (5 per person)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon green onion or scallion cut on a bias
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 5 oz. bags fresh spinach
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Place the shrimp in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to coat shrimp and set aside.
Heat a wok over high heat.
Swirl sesame oil
Swirl 1 tablespoon of sesame oil into the pan by adding it to the sides and letting it flow into the bottom.
Add garlic, ginger, and chili flakes
Add the garlic, ginger, and chili flakes and stir fry for 5 to 10 seconds. Just until fragrant.
Remove from wok and place in a bowl.
Add the remaining oil and shrimp, stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the shrimp just starts to turn pink.
Add sesame seeds and spinach
Add the sesame seeds and spinach and stir-fry until the spinach begins to wilt.
Add and toss
Add back in the garlic, ginger, and chili. Toss all together.
Continue to cook until shrimp are bright pink, and spinach has wilted.