Dinner / Lunch
Sheet Pan Fajitas
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- Food Processor
- Mixing Bowl
- Roasting Pan
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Lime wedges, guacamole, cilantro, sour cream, avocado, and/or Pico de Gallo for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line baking sheet
Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using a sharp knife, butterfly chicken in half horizontally, creating 2 pieces, then slice crosswise into strips.
Combine oil and spices
In a large mixing bowl combine oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Add the chicken and stir to coat with the spice mixture.
Add bell peppers and onion
Add bell peppers and onion and stir to combine.
Transfer the chicken and vegetables to the prepared baking sheet and spread them in an even layer.
Cook on the middle rack of your oven for 15 minutes.
Turn the broiler to high and broil until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables begin to brown for about five minutes.
Remove from oven. Squeeze lime juice over top.
Serve the chicken and vegetables family-style with warmed tortillas accompanied by your favorite toppings.