Lunch / Seasonal - Fall
Grilled Cheese with Turkey, Apples, and Bacon
Tools You'll Need
- Frying pan, grill pan, or sandwich press
- Butter knife
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- 4 slices of bacon
- 8 slices of sourdough bread sliced about ½ inch thick (or your favorite bread type)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 ounces of extra sharp cheddar, shredded
- 8 slices of leftover turkey
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
Cook bacon according to package instructions. Let cool, place on cutting board and roughly chop.
Prepare the bread
Lay out 8 slices of bread on the counter or cutting board. Spread ½ tablespoon of butter on each of 8 slices, then turn slices over.
Top each slice of bread with cheese, 2 slices of turkey, 2–3 slices of apple, and add some more cheese.
Cover sandwich with bread
Cover each sandwich with the remaining slices of bread (buttered side up).
Place sandwiches in pan and cook
Place 2 sandwiches in a nonstick fry pan, grill pan, or sandwich press if you have one. Cook until golden brown and cheese begins to melt over medium-low heat, being careful not to burn the sandwich.
Flip and repeat
Flip with a spatula and cook on the other side, until golden brown and the cheese melts. Repeat with the last two sandwiches.
Cut and serve
Cut each sandwich in half and serve hot.