Cinnamon Sugar French Toast
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Large Sauté Pan
- Baking Sheet
- Large Shallow Baking Dish
- 6 large eggs
- 1½ cups milk, or your favorite dairy-free milk option
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey or confectioner's sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 8 slices challah or brioche bread, cut ½ – ¾ inch thick
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 250º.
Whisk ingredients together
In a large shallow baking dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, honey, vanilla, and salt.
Saturate bread in mixture
Dip 2–3 slices of bread in the egg mixture at a time for 1–2 minutes per side.
Heat up skillet while bread sits
In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
Place bread into skillet
Add the soaked bread to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
Repeat with remaining bread slices adding butter and oil as needed, until all the bread is cooked.
Serve immediately, or keep warm in oven
Place the cooked French toast on a baking sheet to keep it warm in the oven while you cook the rest of the bread, or if you don't plan on eating it immediately.