20-Minute Weeknight Pasta Caprese
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Non-stick Pan
- Rubber Spatula or Woden Spoon
- Large Serving or Mixing Bowl
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, separated
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups leftover pasta (macaroni, small shells, fusilli, rigatoni, etc.)
- 8 ounces mozzarella pearls, or one mozzarella ball torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (or whichever vinegar you have on hand)
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Optional: Pre-cooked protein of choice (Grilled chicken, salmon, or shrimp work great!)
Heat olive oil
Combine the olive oil, tomatoes, and salt in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have started to burst and the olive oil has a light red hue, about 10-12 minutes.
Transfer tomatoes and their juices to a large bowl.
Toss in pasta, mozzarella, 1 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, basil, protein of choice (if using), and salt and pepper to taste.