Dinner / Lunch
Chicken Fingers with Blackberry Honey Mustard
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Small bowl
- Dinner fork
- Large nonstick pan
- Kitchen tongs
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, roughly chopped
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¾ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and cut into strips 2" long and 1" wide
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Using the back of a dinner fork, mash blackberries, mustard, and honey in a small bowl until it looks like a chunky sauce and set aside.
Season and coat chicken
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place cornmeal in a medium bowl, then add the chicken and toss to thoroughly coat.
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to medium, add chicken, and cook turning once or twice until browned and just cooked through (about 3–4 minutes per side). Thinner strips will cook faster than thicker ones so keep an eye on them.
Serve the chicken finger with the berry sauce for dipping on the side along with your favorite veggie!