Cauliflower Fried Riced
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Large skillet or Wok
- ½ medium onion, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium head cauliflower* (see chefs note)
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, small, diced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup diced frozen carrots, defrosted
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Kosher salt or sea salt to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
Shave and mince cauliflower into very small crumbled pieces, resembling the size of rice or larger the cauliflower will shrink as it cooks.
Heat large skillet on medium high heat.
Cook olive oil, onion, and garlic
Add olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent.
Add cauliflower and mushrooms
Add cauliflower and mushrooms, sauté until tender, but not mushy.
Add peas and carrots
Add the peas and carrots and stir until combined.
Add egg and seasonings
Add the beaten egg, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, sesame oil, salt and black pepper.
Stir until cooked
Stir until the egg coats all of the cauliflower and becomes cooked.
Taste for seasoning you may add more seasonings to your taste.
Add green onions
Add green onions and stir well combined.