Dinner / Soup
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Large Stock Pot
- Hand blender, Food Processor, or Blender
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups low‑sodium vegetable broth
- 24 oz. frozen corn
- 3 cups russet potato, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ⅓ cups heavy cream
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- 1 cup additional vegetable broth or water, optional if needed
Heat a large stockpot or Dutch oven on medium heat.
Add olive oil and onion
Add olive oil and onion and cook for about 1–2 minutes until onion is translucent.
Add garlic and cook for another 1–2 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Add additional ingredients
Add the corn, potato, and vegetable broth.
Boil and reduce heat
Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potato is soft, 15–20 minutes.
Using a hand blender*, blend until smooth.
Add up to 1 additional cup of broth or water to adjust the thickness if needed.
Add bell pepper, parsley, and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cook for another 10 minutes, until red pepper is tender.
Stir in heavy cream.
Season and taste
Add salt and pepper to taste if needed. Serve hot.