Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Large Stock Pot
- Hand blender, Food Processor, or Blender
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups low‑sodium vegetable broth
- 24 oz. frozen corn
- 3 cups russet potato, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ⅓ cups heavy cream
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- 1 cup additional vegetable broth or water, optional if needed
Heat a large stockpot or Dutch oven on medium heat,
Add olive oil and onion
Add olive oil and onion and cook for about 1-2 minutes until onion is translucent
Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Add additional ingredients
Add the corn, potato, and vegetable broth.
Boil and reduce heat
Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potato is soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
Using a hand blender*, blend until smooth.
Add up to 1 additional cup of broth or water to adjust the thickness if needed.
Add bell pepper, parsley, and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cook for another 10 minutes, until red pepper is tender.
Stir in heavy cream.
Season and taste
Add salt and pepper to taste if needed. Serve hot.