Tools You'll Need
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Rubber spatula
- Large mixing bowl
- 12-inch fry pan
- Airtight container
- ¾ cup milk (You can substitute any nut, oat, or soy milk)
- 1 large egg (or vegan egg substitute)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup homemade pancake mix*
Combine wet ingredients
In large mixing bowl, whisk milk, egg, oil, and vanilla until well combined.
Add homemade pancake mix
Add 1 cup homemade pancake mix and stir gently with rubber spatula until just combined (batter should look lumpy).
Let batter rest
Let batter rest for 10 minutes prior to cooking.
Prepare your pan
Meanwhile, place your pan over medium-low heat. Once pan is warm, add a pat of butter or coat pan with cooking spray, letting butter melt and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Be careful not to let the butter brown.
Place ¼ cup batter into hot skillet. Repeat 2 more times, to form 3 pancakes. Be sure to leave space between each pancake.
Cook pancakes until bubbles form on surface of each pancake and begin to pop.
Using a spatula, flip pancakes and cook until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer and repeat
Transfer pancakes to plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
*Homemade Pancake Mix Directions
1. Place all the ingredients into the airtight container.
2. Whisk them all together until well combined.
3. Place cover on container.
4. Store at room temperature in your pantry. (Be sure to label your container because the mix stays for up to 4 months.)