Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Spoons
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- (2) Baking Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- Large Mixing bowl
- Large Skillet
- Large Saucepan
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- 1 ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated plus extra for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon panko breadcrumbs (substitute plain or Italian if not available)
- 1 tablespoon oregano, freshly chopped or 1 ½ teaspoons dried
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes, no sugar added
- 2 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped for garnish
Line baking sheets
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, egg, cheese, garlic, breadcrumbs, oregano, salt, and pepper.
Roll into meatballs
Roll mixture into golf ball-size meatballs and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. (You should get about 30 meatballs.)
Heat olive oil in a large skillet (cast iron if you have it) over medium heat.
Working in batches, add meatballs to hot skillet and cook until browned, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove meatballs to a clean plate and set aside.
Pour crushed tomatoes into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
Add browned meatballs and simmer for 20-30 minutes till meatballs are cooked through.
Serve and garnish
Serve in bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley and some extra parmesan cheese.