Mediterranean Mahi Mahi with Lemon Butter and Capers
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Large nonstick skillet
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (4-oz.) mahi-mahi fillets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced thin and cut in half moons; 1 zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
Place mahi-mahi on a plate, and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
Trim hard ends off of the asparagus, and set aside.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Add mahi-mahi to the skillet, and cook 4-5 minutes per side until golden. Remove from pan and transfer to plate.
Using the same pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the asparagus until tender and bright green, approximately 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to plate, and set aside.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Once melted, add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in sliced lemon, zest, juice, capers, and parsley.
Place a few pieces of asparagus on each plate. Place the mahi-mahi on top of the asparagus.
Sauce and garnish
Spoon sauce over the mahi-mahi and asparagus. Garnish with more parsley and serve.