White Chicken Chili
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Chefs knife
- Small mixing bowl
- 2 forks
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless boneless chicken breast
- (2) 14oz. cans low sodium chicken broth
- (2) 15oz. cans low sodium white beans
- (1) 10oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies (mild, medium, or hot based on preference)
- 1 white onion, diced OR 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- ¾ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8oz. low fat cream cheese, at room temperature and softened
- ¼ cup low fat half & half
Mix seasonings together
Mix all of the dry seasonings together in a small bowl.
Place chicken in crockpot and season
Place the chicken breasts in the crockpot, careful not to overlap if possible. Sprinkle the entire seasoning mixture on top of the chicken.
Add canned ingredients
Add the drained beans, tomatoes, and broth—as well as chopped onions (if you're not using onion powder).
Cook for 3–7 hours
If you're cooking on low, set a timer for 7 hours.
If you're cooking on high, set a timer for 3 hours.
After the time is up, carefully remove chicken breasts from the crockpot and shred it with two forks.
Place chicken back into crockpot
Once the chicken is shredded, put back into the crockpot.
Add in cream cheese and half & half
Cut the softened cream cheese into smaller chunks, and add it into the crockpot along with the half & half.
Cook for 1 hour
Stir all contents gently, scooping around the crockpot to ensure everything is thoroughly mixed. Cook on high for another hour.
Once the time is up, serve immediately. Enjoy with toppings like cheese, guacamole, tortilla strips, chives, and peppers. It’s also great with some toasted Italian bread.