Lunch / Seasonal - Spring / Seasonal - Summer
Shrimp Salad with Lemon Thymed Dressing
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chef’s knife
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- 1½ lbs. shrimp, precooked, peeled, and deveined (16–20 shrimp per pound)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 12 whole romaine lettuce leaves
Place shrimp in a large bowl.
In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, lemon zest, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Add the mayonnaise mixture to the shrimp. Using a rubber spatula, mix to coat.
Add celery and onion
Add in celery and onion, and mix it all together.
Place romaine lettuce
Place 3 romaine lettuce leaves on each plate.
Divide and place
Equally, divide and place the shrimp mixture on top of the romaine.
Serve with lemon wedge for squeezing over the salad and greens for extra lemony flavor.