Lunch / Seasonal - Summer
Summer Spring Rolls
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Small mixing bowl
- Sauce pan or shallow bowl
- Paper towels
- 4 sheets rice paper
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
- ½ cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 3 large carrots, sliced into matchsticks (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 package of bean sprouts or micro greens
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
In a small mixing bowl, toss together chopped, mint, basil, and chives.
Line up ingredients in small bowls before beginning to make rolls.
Fill bowl with warm water
Fill a shallow bowl or saucepan with very warm water.
Soak rice paper
Place a rice paper round in the hot water. Soak for about 1 minute, or until rice round is pliable and pattern on the round is barely visible.
Remove and place on a clean, slightly damp kitchen towel.
Imagining the rice paper as a face and leaving about ¼ inch all around, begin to layer ingredients one on top of another approximately where the mouth would be. Top with a sprinkle of the chopped herbs.
Tuck bottom edge
Bring the bottom edge over filling and tuck underneath.
Fold and roll
Fold in the sides and continue to roll.
Repeat with the other 3 rolls.
Place each roll under a damp cloth or paper towel to keep them moist.
Slice and serve
When ready to serve, slice each roll in half on a bias and serve, cut ends up, with dipping sauce.