FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 3, 2022
ORLANDO, Fla. –Registration is now open for the YMCA of Central Florida summer camp programs. Kids will experience a summer of fun, friends, and sun at the Y while staying safe, active, and healthy.
Camps will be offered at eight Y locations and select middle schools in Lake & Orange County. Registration can be completed online or in person at Y locations. The Y offers both traditional and specialty day camps for children and teens during the summer months. Activities include athletics, performing & fine arts, outdoor adventures, STEM offerings, and more.
“Attending YMCA summer camp is a wonderful opportunity for kids to keep their minds and bodies active,” says Jessie Bauer, Operations Director & Summer Camp Committee Chair. “When at Y summer camp, kids get to learn about nature, take on new responsibilities, gain independence, and develop essential social skills and new relationships. We really encourage parents to give their kids the gift of camp so that every child can benefit from the experience.”
There are five reasons why children should attend summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of fun adventures and new experiences. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day and Specialty camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind and help children learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While being away from the routine back home, youth have a chance to learn new skills and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
- NEW FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, sports & even gardening, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!
To support its camps, the Y is looking to hire more than 100 individuals to fill summer positions throughout Central Florida. Available jobs include camp counselors, specialty camp instructors, lifeguards, and more. To apply, visit www.ymcacf.org/community/careers/
Lastly, to ensure that all youth have a chance to experience camp, the YMCA of Central Florida offers financial assistance to those in need. If you’re interested in helping send kids to camp this summer, you can donate at www.ymcacf.org/give/
For more information or to register, visit www.ymcacf.org or call (407) 896-9220
About the YMCA of Central Florida
Driven by its Christian mission, the YMCA of Central Florida serves as a leading 501c(3) nonprofit committed to strengthening the community. The Y empowers everyone, no matter who they are or where they're from, by ensuring access to resources, relationships, and opportunities for all to learn, grow and thrive. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives, and generations, the Y's goal is to improve overall health and well-being, ignite youth empowerment and demonstrate the importance of connections in and across Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Brevard, Lake, and Marion counties. To learn more, visit ymcacf.org and follow on Facebook or Instagram.