Make an Impact. Volunteer.
Join us on Tuesday, October 7, 2014, as members and staff from our Family Centers celebrate our annual Day of Sharing. Staff and members are invited to "Share their Y story" or experience at the Y that has impacted their lives. Members are also given opportunities to volunteer at the Y.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
For more information on the Day of Sharing and volunteer opportunities, please contact your neighborhood Y location.