From the time they're born, children learn all the time and everywhere they go. In fact, research tells us that kids' most important learning takes place before age 5.
That's why the YMCA Early Learning Centers at Walt Disney World Resort give kids a jump start on school through innovative, accredited Voluntary Pre-kindergarten (VPK) programs.
With a solid focus on pre-reading, pre-math, and social skills, 98% of kids who complete the program enter kindergarten ready to learn!
How does the Y do it?
- It starts with the Y's mission-based commitment to help every child reach their full potential.
- It's supported through a research-based curriculum that promotes early literacy and math skills, character development, health and wellness, and closer family relationships.
- Because we're the Y, we make learning fun.
- Our caring, highly trained staff is attuned to each child's unique developmental needs.
- We help instill values like caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, faith and empathy.
- And as the nation's largest provider of quality, affordable child care, the Y always partners with parents to ensure that their kids are safe, active and learning.
In addition, the Y offers:
- Extended-hour child care and flexible schedules to meet the needs of busy working families -- 365 DAYS PER YEAR.
- National program accreditation through A.P.P.L.E (Accredited Professional Preschool Learning Environment)
- Family wellness, including healthy cooking demos and an on-site wellness specialist who provides daily, structured activities around physical fitness and nutrition.
- An on-site nurse who provides wellness checks and preventative health care.
- Behavior specialists for monthly parenting seminars, individual assessments and more.
- Balanced, nutritious meals and snacks, based on USDA guidelines to help kids grow up healthy, smart and strong.