Belonging Begins with Us Welcoming Week September 8–17

We know communities are stronger and more cohesive when people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to get to know one another and work side by side to advance the common good. Welcoming Week was created by Welcoming America and is a national celebration that brings together newcomer immigrants and U.S.-born residents at community-based events to promote cross-cultural understanding and raise awareness of the benefits of welcoming everyone!

Resources for New Community Members

Celebrate Heritage Through Healthy Eating

Indian-Spiced Lentils

View Recipe
Shrimp ceviche in glass bowl with lime

Shrimp Ceviche

View Recipe

Classic Potato Latkes

View Recipe
Vietnamese rice paper rolls with shrimp, red cabbage, carrot and rice noodles. Asian cuisine food. Spring rolls

Summer Spring Rolls

View Recipe

Creamy Everyday Hummus

View Recipe

Jollof Rice

View Recipe

Salade Niçoise

View Recipe

Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken

View Recipe

Getting a Peace of Mind

“I felt like they needed to learn quickly because my younger son loves water, but I didn’t feel safe with him in it yet.”

My Y Stories - Neighbors

Taking Care of Our Neighbors

“It sounds cliché to say ‘the Y saved my life’ but it really saved us. We didn’t have a community. Now basically everything we need, I can ask my Y community for advice.”

Take it to a New Level

“Exercise has always been in my life. I thought that I was great at working out, but having a personal trainer has changed my life.”

Grow a relationship with God

“I thought it would be a good idea to go to the conference. I just didn’t expect to have such a deep connection with all of these different people I hadn’t met before.”

Making Dreams a Reality

“Without the YMCA I don’t know how my kids would’ve received the experience they’re getting now in sports or even to be part of a family, because the YMCA is family to us.”

Did you know…

The Y is a global nonprofit organization committed to providing life-changing benefits to our neighbors in need and strengthening our community.

Learn More
Women embracing in friendly hug

Make an Even Bigger Impact

YMCA family of volunteers helping out at a food drive while wearing YMCA t-shirts

Volunteer

Each of our volunteers helps deliver the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence, and a sense of security to all who seek it. Visit your local Y to learn more about how to volunteer.

Give

When you donate to the Y, your gift will have a meaningful, enduring impact right in your own neighborhood.

Two women smiling while sitting on bikes during a cycling class

Invite Others

Invite your friends to discover all the ways the Y can help them grow stronger and healthier together alongside you!