Sweet and Spicy Chicken
Tools You'll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated and peeled
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce (or Tamari for gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (or your favorite chili/hot sauce)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted cashews, roughly chopped (optional)*
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped (optional)
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients, except nuts and mint.
Add chicken to bowl and toss until chicken is fully coated and covered with marinade.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 6 hours.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Place the chicken on grill and cook about 10 to 12 minutes per side until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 degrees F.
Garnish and serve
Remove from grill, place on serving platter, and garnish with nuts and mint if you choose.