- This event has passed.
September 1, 2021 - September 23, 2021
Healthy Selfie 2021 by Healthy West Orange
September 1, 2021 – September 23, 2021 EDT
Participate in the fifth-annual Healthy Selfie challenge by Healthy West Orange and you could win a new Apple Watch and a one-year YMCA membership for your family!
Put your phone in selfie mode and show us how you live a healthier life! Your photos can be all about staying physically fit showing something like cooking with your kids, hiking with your dog, swimming, gardening, biking—even mowing the front lawn! If you prefer to show us how you take care of your mental and emotional health, some ideas for selfies include you spending quality time with friends and family, meditating, or learning a new skill.
How to Submit a Healthy Selfie
- Submit your selfie between September 1–16, but the deadline is 12:00 pm on September 16.
- You can submit up to 3 selfies per individual.
- You can email it to [email protected] or post it on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using the hashtags #healthyselfie and #healthywestorange.
- If you post it on social media, be sure the post is public and tag the Healthy West Orange social media account.
Choosing a Winner
Healthy West Orange is looking for fun, creative, health-inspired images!
- While Healthy West Orange will choose the finalists, you choose the winners of the two YMCA family memberships!
- Visit the Healthy West Orange website or social media accounts and vote for your favorite from September 17–20.
- The winner of the most creative photo will receive an Apple Watch! This winner will be chosen by Chris Demetriou, Executive Director of Dr. P. Phillips YMCA.
- On September 23, the Healthy West Orange team will announce the winners! Winner will be notified via social media and/or email if you’re the winner. Coordinate with us for pick-up of your prize.
When you submit a selfie, you’re agreeing to let us use it for marketing purposes. For instance, you might see your selfie in the Windermere Observer, West Orange Times, on our social media channels, or the local YMCAs. The two winners will be featured on the orangeobserver.com website, Healthy West Orange website, and more places around town.