Gather Together and run for a cause
Join the Y and your family, friends, and neighbors for a morning of fun and fitness before you dig into your Thanksgiving feast!
Start your holiday in a healthier way this year with the Golden Triangle YMCA 5K Turkey Trot! Whether you’re a casual jogger or a lifelong runner, you’re invited to attend our event and help support our mission. This 5K is timed but every participant will receive a race t-shirt and participation medal.
2022 Event Info
Please check back soon for additional info regarding the 2022 Golden Triangle YMCA Turkey Trot!
People of all ages and fitness levels are welcome to walk or run this 5K! The Turkey Trot directly benefits the Golden Triangle YMCA and our Annual Support Campaign.
What to Expect
- The race will start and end at Golden Triangle Y. View a map of the route.
- There will be no parking at the Y, but we will be using our community partner locations for parking. Please follow directional signage on the day of the event.
- Medals will be awarded at event, but all participants will get their t-shirt and race bib at packet pickup.
- Please note, t-shirt sizes are chosen during the online registration process. Register early to guarantee your desired size!
- We’ll have on-site entertainment all morning at the Y!
- Fuel up with post-race food and beverages, and sample snacks from vendors.
- Enjoy games and family-friendly activities.
- Enter giveaways for free prizes.
- Strollers are approved, but please remember to start toward the back of the group. We also welcome furry friends, but require them to be kept on a leash.
Safety Plays First
The health of our participants, Y team members, and vendors is our top priority. We strongly recommend all participants to follow these procedures to ensure you remain safe while having fun:
- Maintain physical distance of at least 3 feet between yourself or your group and other participants.
- Consider bringing a travel-size hand sanitizer to use if you’re unable to wash your hands with soap and water.
- Non-runners are encouraged to wear a mask.
If you’re unable to participate in the Golden Triange YMCA 5K Turkey Trot or you’re getting involved but still want to contribute, we invite you to consider becoming a sponsor! As a sponsor, you can cover the registration of a runner or donate directly to our Annual Support Campaign.
Become a Sponsor and Support the Golden Triangle YMCA
The YMCA of Central Florida is a 501(c)(3) organization Not-For-Profit Organization. EIN 59-0624430. As required by the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services: “A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, AND OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” Registration number is #CH1427.
Net dollars raised will support the Golden Triangle YMCA 2021 Annual Support Campaign.
Thank You to all of our 2021 Turkey Trot Sponsors
United Southern Bank
Rod Van Dyke
City of Tavares
Isaac Deas Consulting