Gather Together and run for a cause
Join the Y and your family, friends, and neighbors for a morning of fun and fitness before you dig into your Thanksgiving feast!
Start your holiday in a healthier way this year with the Frank DeLuca YMCA Turkey Trot! Whether you’re a casual jogger or a lifelong runner, you’re invited to attend our event and help support our mission. If you’re not a runner but still want to join us, we’re also offering two group exercise classes as well as outdoor games for children to enjoy. Every 5K/10K participant will receive a race shirt as well as a participation medal, and top finishers will receive trophies. Don’t wait until Thanksgiving morning, register today!
2022 Event Info
Date & Time
November, 24, 2022
10k Start Time: 7:20 am
5k Start Time: 7:40 am
3200 SE 17th Street
Ocala, FL US 34471
All participants will receive a finisher medal.
People of all ages and fitness levels are welcome to walk or run this 5K or 10K! The Turkey Trot directly benefits the Frank DeLuca YMCA and our Annual Support Campaign.
What to Expect
- The race will start and end at Frank DeLuca Y. There will be several signs and race day volunteers on the course to help ensure you stay on the appropriate route!
- There will be no parking in the Y’s main lot, but you can park near our sports fields. Off-site parking will be available at Hillcrest Elementary School, Ocala Christian Academy, and the Health Department.
- All participants will get a medal and shirt at packet pickup.
- There are options for v-neck shirts (women’s sizing) and standard t-shirts (men’s sizing).
- We’ll have on-site entertainment all morning at the Y!
- Fuel up with post-race food, beverages, and snacks from vendors.
- Enjoy games and family-friendly activities.
- Enter giveaways for free prizes.
- Strollers are approved, but please remember to start toward the back of the group. We also welcome furry friends, but require them to be kept on a leash.
If you’re unable to participate in the Frank DeLuca YMCA Turkey Trot or you’re getting involved but still want to contribute, we invite you to consider becoming a sponsor! As a sponsor, you can cover the registration of a runner or donate directly to our Annual Support Campaign.
Become a Sponsor and Support the Frank DeLuca YMCA
The YMCA of Central Florida is a 501(c)(3) organization Not-For-Profit Organization. EIN 59-0624430. As required by the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services: “A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, AND OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” Registration number is #CH1427.
Net dollars raised will support the Frank DeLuca YMCA 2022 Annual Support Campaign.
Thank You to all of our 2021 Turkey Trot Sponsors
Advent Health Ocala
Bill & Debbie Browder
Radiology Associates of Ocala
Mainstreet Community Bank of Florida
Lifestyles Solutions MedSpa
Team Ocala Racquetball
More Ways to Give
You can still support the Y’s mission without having to participate in the Turkey Trot by donating online directly to the Frank DeLuca Y.Give Now