Safety Swims First
The safety of all our participants is our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of all participants and family members, the following Safe Start Safety Procedures are in place until further notice. Requirements are based on local city, county, and state orders.
- Safe Start instructors will designate an area where any parents and accompanying siblings can safely sit.
- Safe Start instructors will properly disinfect surfaces between lessons, and ensure that any shared surfaces or areas are sanitized between students.
How You Can Help
There are several ways families can help Y team members and children stay safe before, during, and after their Safe Start lesson takes place. Please review the following details.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes before your lesson time.
- Please ensure swim students are fully dressed in swim attire upon arrival.
- Once your lesson is complete, please exit the pool area as soon as possible to allow for additional lessons that may follow.
- Please don’t change children out of swim clothes and/or diapers on the pool deck. Use of appropriate locker rooms and/or changing areas is permitted.
- Parents and guardians shouldn’t wring out swim diapers in the pool or around the deck area.
- Any disposable swim diapers, diapers, or any other trash should be placed in a bag and taken home by the parent.