Build Skills, Friendships, and Confidence on a Recreational Swim Team
The Recreational Swim Team provides an entry-level swim team experience!
This track gives swimmers the chance to learn stroke development and age-appropriate conditioning without a focus on competition or time commitment. Recreational swim teams are ideal for kids and teens who have just completed the YMCA swim lesson program. Swim meets and other events are offered, and participation is optional, so you can choose the experience best for you!
$80 — Members only
4 – 17 years
Dr. P. Phillips Y
|Days and Times||
Fill out the interest form below to see specific days and times for each location!
All participants will be assessed prior to enrollment in the program. At Winter Park Y, tryouts are any day of practice, 15 minutes prior to start time.
Interested in joining a recreational swim team? Get in touch!
Swim Team Coaches
Our swim team is led by professionally trained instructors who follow the YMCA core values as the primary focus in our instruction to help each team member grow stronger, more confident, and have fun in the water!
The safety of all our participants is our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of all swimmers and family members, the following protocols will be in place for swim teams. Requirements are based on local city, county, and state orders.
- We’ll have a limited number of swimmers per lane based off of YMCA of the USA guidelines and USA Swimming guidelines for conducting practices in a safe and healthy manner.
- Swim coaches will ensure that any shared surfaces or areas are sanitized between practices and other aquatic activities.
- All coaches and participants will undergo a temperature check prior to entering the facility.
- Coaches will keep participants at a minimum of arm’s length way while teaching hands-on skills and will coach from the deck when it can be done safely.
- Parents and guardians must follow physical distancing guidelines and wear a face mask at all times while in the building, where local mask mandates apply.