Get vaccinated and help Save Lives
The Y is grateful to partner with local and state governmental organizations to help host COVID-19 vaccinations. By making free vaccines accessible for more communities, we can all be healthier together!
During vaccine events, the safety of individuals coming to get vaccinated is just as important as the safety of our members coming to enjoy programs at their YMCA. We’ve limited the number of vaccines and have been implementing both appointment-only events and walk-up events.
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. Learn more about how mRNA vaccines work to create immunity.
- Millions of people in the United States have received COVID-19 vaccines under the most intense safety monitoring in U.S. history.
- CDC recommends you get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you are eligible.
According to the CDC, more than 167 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine were administered in the United States since December 14, 2020. Vaccines were evaluated in tens of thousands of participants in clinical trials. The vaccines met FDA’s rigorous scientific standards for safety, effectiveness, and manufacturing quality needed to support emergency use authorization.
Upcoming Event Details
Please check our calendar for any upcoming vaccination event information. If you miss one of our vaccine events, you can visit FloridaDisaster.org/vaccine to see other locations across the state.
I’m grateful that the Y had vaccines to distribute to the community. The process was easy and all of the staff were wonderful. I had tried to get vaccinated a couple of times before at other locations but couldn’t do it based off long wait times.Aaron W.
I think it’s important to be vaccinated to protect ourselves and build up heard immunity. It’s great that the YMCA is doing this for free, and taking their time and effort to make this available to us. I don’t live too far from here so this was great for me.Rio M.
I’m so thankful to work for an organization that prioritizes the health of everyone in our community. I was blessed to get in and out quickly and felt safe the short time I was there.Jordan B.
Being vaccinated at the YMCA of Central Florida was an easy and efficient process. The Y staff and the medical team were all very attentive, helpful with any questions, and made the experience feel welcoming. I’m happy I was able to have a great experience and would encourage anyone to get vaccinated at the Y if they can.Angelica Y.
I’m so grateful for the opportunity get my COVID vaccination at the YMCA to help keep my family and friends healthy.Chad G.
Vaccine Event safety protocols
- Medical staff are wearing gloves and masks/face shields, and sterilizing the vaccine station after each guest.
- Individuals at appointment-only events will be given a number and sit, while masked, in a designated area.
- Wiping down donor-touched areas and equipment after every collection with disinfectant.
- Conducting mini-physicals (including temperature checks) to ensure donors are healthy and well on the day of donation.
- Only a certain number of people are permitted within the YMCA at any one time, and wait in a designated area until called upon.
- After someone gets a COVID-19 vaccine, they will be asked to stay for 15–30 minutes so they can be observed in the rare instance there could be a reaction.
Additional Informational Resources
How mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines Work
Courtesy of the Centers for Disease Control
How mRNA Vaccines Work
Courtesy of Harvard University